Community Forum

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Community Forum » Forum for Newbies » Two questions

Two questions

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

First of all, thank you for having this free forum provider, it seems to be really nice.

Question 1:
At the moment I see no ads on my forum. Which is great of course and I would like to keep it that way, but I don't want suddenly to see alot of ads appear. So will my forum be always ad-free or not? Btw I don't mind placing a banner or two, I just absolutely hate pop-up ads, they are very aggressive in my opinion.

Question 2:
I'm mind boggled by the fact that I can't change the user profile page. I, the administrator, can't prevent that users show their email addresses. This to me is very weird and I've never seen before that an admin control panel does not have ways to deal with this.
Unless I'm wrong and you can tell me how :)

Thank you

Swarmy wrote:

Question 1:
At the moment I see no ads on my forum. Which is great of course and I would like to keep it that way, but I don't want suddenly to see alot of ads appear. So will my forum be always ad-free or not? Btw I don't mind placing a banner or two, I just absolutely hate pop-up ads, they are very aggressive in my opinion.

No pop-ups.
We've got one at the bottom but now seems it's gone.

Swarmy wrote:

Question 2:
I'm mind boggled by the fact that I can't change the user profile page. I, the administrator, can't prevent that users show their email addresses. This to me is very weird and I've never seen before that an admin control panel does not have ways to deal with this.
Unless I'm wrong and you can tell me how

Go to user profile page and you'll see the the fields you can edit.

Thank you for answering.

With user profile page you mean each individually? That I know but obviously I want to prevent it for everyone in the first place regardless of their own settings.

Swarmy
hello, hope you are doing well.

Try admin-panel section --> user groups -->
http://i.imgur.com/MPmRHXD.png
Edit.

You can also explore other functions related to the user profile
(Profile fields on: /admin_fields.php)

Thank you both for replying.

In admin-panel section --> user groups -->
I don't see any options related to hiding email addresses

In /admin_fields.php
These are the fields you see at the posts, not at the user profile page. (/profile.php)

Thanks anyway :)

Swarmy
But what do you mean by "hiding email addresses"? They are hidden by default to all users except administration.
Could you give more details please?  :question:

Swarmy
Each user can HIDE their email through the Privacy tab in the profile
/profile.php?section=privacy&id=number

. Display your e-mail address. (email is hidden by default to all users except administrator)
. Hide your e-mail address but allow form e-mail.
. Hide your e-mail address and disallow form e-mail.

This (privacy Security question) is also available on the registration page

n /admin_fields.php
These are the fields you see at the posts, not at the user profile page. (/profile.php)

Update all: Visible and Hidden
Admin can add up to 5 new questions of profile field (You can allow the user to edit the answer of new additional field through the extras tab in his/her profile

NOTE
If the user gives their answer, it will automatically be visible on the profile page. You can set: Only admins can view or all users can see (at the profile page, posts, and registration page) .

Last edited by kami (2017-08-25 05:40:17)

You are here » Community Forum » Forum for Newbies » Two questions