Community Forum

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Community Forum » Problems with the Forum » No new posts are getting indexed

No new posts are getting indexed

Posts 1 to 12 of 12

Hmm, it looks like something's still broken since the platform went down yesterday: October, 7th. MyBB is up.

No new posts have been indexed on my forum since then. :(

This is a huge problem for a forum; can someone please look into this ASAP?

Thanks!

Last edited by Buzzer (2017-10-08 21:59:08)

Buzzer
you mean by Searching Engines like Google?
If so, I think it's just the matter of time, i checked robots.txt, seems to be healthy.

No, sorry, I wasn't clear enough I guess. ;)

I wasn't referring to search engines like Google. I have had noindex, nofollow metatags on my forum from the beginning, so it intentionally does not get indexed in search engines like Google.

But new posts are not showing up in the forum search results since the platform went down the other day, so they are not being indexed by the forum.

Last edited by Buzzer (2017-10-09 22:14:52)

Buzzer
Ok, now I got it.
I sent a message to admin. He will check it.

C3La-NS wrote:

Buzzer
Ok, now I got it.
I sent a message to admin. He will check it.

Thank you!

The search functionality on my forum is most important, so I appreciate it! :)

Hi again!

Any news on this issue? Sorry to be a pain, but it is quite urgent; no new posts are getting indexed on my forum since the power outage several days ago. :(

Do you think restoring data from today's backup would force the re-indexing of existing posts, and kick-start the indexing of new posts? Or is that just wishful thinking?

Last edited by Buzzer (2017-10-12 10:57:45)

Buzzer wrote:

Do you think restoring data from today's backup would force the re-indexing of existing posts, and kick-start the indexing of new posts? Or is that just wishful thinking?
(Today 14:57:45)

may be yes, maybe not ...
The search functionality on my forum still work fine

kami wrote:

Yes, the search also works on my forum too.

But posts made since the power outage several days ago do not show up in the search results.

On your forum, do posts made in the last 5 days appears in search results?

Buzzer wrote:

kami wrote:

On your forum, do posts made in the last 5 days appears in search results?

tested: today, it doest not appears or search functionality not work

Can we please get a bit of love for this issue?

I've been checking other existing forums, and the same issue exists on every one I've checked: posts made since the reset after the power surge 10 days ago are not being found in search results on any forum.

I also tested by creating a brand-new test forum with one post here: http://123testing123.forum.cool/

Even on that new forum, with zero changes to the default settings, any search returns zero results. :(

Hello,
I sent a message to admin but I didn't receive a reply.
Then one of our admins posted this: http://forum.mybb.ru/viewtopic.php?id=3 … =2#p920906

There's an interesting part that reads:
"Due to technical issues during this week the search on forums may not work or new posts may not indexed".

C3La-NS
Hmm, that post seems to indicate that either the issue will be worked on for the next week, or that the admin is saying that simply adding a reply to not-indexed topics will fix the issue.

If it's being worked on, that's great!

But simply adding a reply to topics does not get them indexed, and neither the topic nor the reply show in search results on the forum. So that's not a solution unfortunately. :(

You are here » Community Forum » Problems with the Forum » No new posts are getting indexed