Community Forum

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Community Forum » Make the Service Better » Crop Image (AVATAR)

Crop Image (AVATAR)

Posts 1 to 16 of 16

not all forum users understand how to upload a photo/image with a size appropriate for the avatar/profile....
Nead Feature-> Easily crop and resize images ..... or a similar function to reduce the size of pictures automatically (based on the avatar setting) and automatically displays the photo/image in their profile when a user upload an image/photo

Last edited by kami (2017-02-23 02:25:29)

Hello kami,

Today we have great news for you!
User Avatar will be automatically reduced to the required size:

http://sl.uploads.im/bXUkF.png

Animated GIF are also supported!

+1

Admin wrote:

Hello kami,

Thanks for the update!
I hope if mybb forum will always be more successful and profitable FOR you (as the provider of this free useful website forum) and FOR the mybb`s users and preferably also by netizens in all countries

Last edited by kami (2017-02-25 07:02:29)

Admin wrote:

Hello kami,

OUR EXPERIENCE
problems still occur if the user upload a GIF image format that exceeds the amount determined by the system...
If a user accidentally upload a GIF file that is too large or very large it will make the site down within minutes...

Excellent update!

I didn't test with a gif (don't want to kill my forum, lol), but a 438kb jpeg uploaded fine and resulted in a 3kb avatar. Kudos.  :cool:

Buzzer wrote:

Excellent update!
I didn't test with a gif (don't want to kill my forum, lol), but a 438kb jpeg uploaded fine and resulted in a 3kb avatar. Kudos.  :cool:

you can not control your site's users do not upload images that are too large even though you already publish announcement or prohibition to all members of your site... but users still could upload an avatar image with a file size that is too big without you can prevent and lead to a site to be down even though only a few seconds

I've tried to upload with 4 MB GIF and make the site down (it's just me who did it)... You can imagine if there are more than 10 users of your forum that do the same thing at the same time)

kami wrote:

you can not control your site's users do not upload images that are too large even though you already publish announcement or prohibition to all members of your site... but users still could upload an avatar image with a file size that is too big without you can prevent and lead to a site to be down even though only a few seconds

I've tried to upload with 4 MB GIF and make the site down (it's just me who did it)... You can imagine if there are more than 10 users of your forum that do the same thing at the same time)

Hello, I tried to upload a very big Gif image of approximately 18 Mb, but I could not make my forum down. It just shows: "413 Request Entity Too Large".
How exactly do you make your forum down? And what image do you upload?

+1

I tried to upload GiF image of approximately 4 Mb...I got a text notification on the first try (forgot the text),,,,, but I try for a second time with the same file after the first trial (with the pause a few seconds from the first),,, make the site can not be opened in a few seconds / minutes...

very Sorry of my English... I'll try again and will report to you what really happened

Last edited by kami (2017-02-25 22:34:26)

http://sl.uploads.im/OMpIN.png
i`v tried to change my avatar in this forum (http://forum.mybb.us) by uploading GiF image of approximately 4 Mb....

kami
Could you provide a link to the image you are using?
Thank you.

the image still in my PC... never upload to others site... i created from makaAGIF.com,,, you may get the same size file from that site

my english is very bad...based on the file property i got this information: 3.55 MB (3726981 byte)
how do you read this 3.55 MB (3726981 byte) ? this is more than 300 mb or lower than 4 mb?

kami
You can upload an image using forum uploader http://sj.uploads.im/kszb2.png

this is different file with the same format (GIF)
the file size: 3.54 MB (3707982 byte) .. also can make the site down

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kJZNzT5ec_A/V2TCuylRdkI/AAAAAAAAAGs/vw1S6XvJmBwr_R-jBEwgV-FcgZAYnrsuACLcB/s1600/animasi-cewek-jilbab-dan-cowok-gaul.gif

I use internet connection speed: 100.0 mbps
browsing firefox

Last edited by kami (2017-02-25 23:42:11)

kami
Thank you!
Image does not make server down. Just your browser for some reason does not display the 413 error.
During the day we will fix the problem.

+1

Admin wrote:

kami
Thank you!
Image does not make server down. Just your browser for some reason does not display the 413 error.
During the day we will fix the problem.

thank you for your good news......
i am sorry for my english.....

Hello kami,
We have fixed that issue.
Maximum size of a file to upload increased to 10 megabytes.
The file is now being checked before upload to the server, and also now displays the progress bar.

+2

You are here » Community Forum » Make the Service Better » Crop Image (AVATAR)